|Unity||C#||PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One/Series, Playstation 4/5||Programmer||2018-2021|
This is a mainline game over at Yellowcake Games, where I was the sole programmer in a team of three (the entire company). The project was conceived as a gamejam and after some consideration was decided to create a full game out of it. The game is playable on a variety of platforms, including Nintendo Switch as the intended main platform it was originally meant for.
My work on this project was mainly:
- – Develop a custom solution to a multi-controller user interface using some of Unity’s Canvas
- – Implement and maintain support for various controllers and allow for hot-swapping
- – Research and implement (TBA release) for a multiplayer component
- – Research and implement artificial intelligence, or ‘bots’, for players to interact with
- – Implement audio solutions using FMOD
- – Porting to platforms
- – Performance optimizations ranging from physics to coding and everything in between
- – Creating tools for Unity to improve workflow
Additionally, I handled all communication between platforms such as Nintendo and Microsoft for various aspects in completing the project.
This game is set to release on various platforms in 2021. A demo is available for PC, on Steam, see below.
Dashing Dodgems is a fast-paced frantic online and offline multiplayer game about destroying cities and friendships! In it players drive around with bumper cars to knock other players into the water. Last car driving wins. But if the match takes too long, the environment will start to collapse on them.
The full game will features four-player split-screen, online multiplayer, full destructibility, four themes with twenty unique maps, five customizable game-modes, eight playable characters with many many hours of competitive fun!
The game has plenty of opportunities for players to express their domination over others through visceral feeling gameplay, All coated in a friendly-for-all-ages colorful art style in which characters are never really hurt.